Gmail Mailer plugin connects your WordPress website to the Gmail SMTP server and send email using your Gmail account. It takes control of the wp_mail function and use Gmail SMTP instead.
Gmail Mailer Settings
- Gmail Username: Your Gmail account username.
- Gmail Password: Your Gmail account password.
- Type of Encryption: The encryption to be used when sending an email (TLS/SSL/No Encryption. TLS is recommended).
- SMTP Port: The port to be used when sending an email (587/465/25). If you choose TLS the port should be set to 587. For SSL use port 465 instead.
- From Email Address: The email address to be used as the From Address when sending an email.
- From Name: The name to be used as the From Name when sending an email.
Gmail Mailer Test Email
Once you have configured the settings you can send a test email to check the functionality of the plugin.
- To: Email address of the recipient.
- Subject: Subject of the email.
- Message: Email body.
For detailed setup instructions please visit the Gmail Mailer plugin page.
- Go to the Add New plugins screen in your WordPress Dashboard
- Click the upload tab
- Browse for the plugin file (wp-gmail-mailer.zip) on your computer
- Click “Install Now” and then hit the activate button
Can I send email from my website using this plugin?
Contributors & Developers
“Gmail Mailer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Gmail Mailer” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Gmail Mailer” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updated for WordPress 5.8.
- First commit