Smart Syntax plugin automatically adds Google prettify syntax highlighting to the fenced code blocks in both content and comments.
It’s made with Jetpack markdown in mind, which brings the power of markdown extra to WordPress and gives you an easy to use markdown syntax for fenced code blocks.
For more information on usage and features, check out smartpixels.
- Install Smart Syntax either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server
- Activate Smart Syntax through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.You will now see ‘Smart Syntax’ menu in admin sidebar.
- You can leave the default settings as it is or change according to your needs.
- Voila! Your code is now highlighted.
- I don’t use Jetpack markdown?
Jetpack markdown is not a necessity. You can add syntax highlighting for fenced code blocks in the following format
<pre><code class="html"> echo 'Hello World!'; </code></pre>
- How do I contact you ?
Please use the support forum here.
Contributors & Developers
“Smart Syntax” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Smart Syntax” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Altering google CDN for prettify to reflect the changes