Makes Yoast SEO settings available to WordPress PWA using the REST API.
Returns Yoast post or page metadata in a normal post or page REST API request. Stores the metadata in the
yoast_meta field of the returned data.
title: “Testy Test | My WordPress site”,
Supports pages, posts, categories, tags and any public custom post types and custom taxonomies.
Thanks to Pablo Postigo, Tedy Warsitha and Charlie Francis for amazing contributions!
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/yoast-to-rest-apidirectory, or install the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Yoast SEO for WordPress PWA” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
– Big refactoring. Avoid using
the_post and make it work with custom taxonomies and
– Main file renamed to plugin.php
- Merged contributions from Niels Garve fork (https://github.com/niels-garve/yoast-to-rest-api)
- Changed name to “Yoast SEO for WordPress PWA”
- Fixed broken meta descriptions in REST collections
- PHP Coding Standards (https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/best-practices/coding-standards/php/#php)
- Fixed retrieval of the meta description
- Generalized Worona PWA dependencies
- Adapted to the needs of Worona PWA
register_rest_fieldas it’s depracated
- Changed the metadata name to
- Removed the
yoast_wpseo_prefix from the returned meta as it seems undeed
- Using Class instead of plain function
- Added output to public custom post types