Upload Directory Cleaner scans through your WordPress upload directory searching for all files not being registered in your Media Library. After the scan, choose which files to delete from the list showing all unregistered files.
- Archive Directory
- Scan Directory (Settings: Exclude top-level directories and files from the scan or add custom ignore strings.)
- Delete Files (Settings: Keep Thumbnails, Delete Empty Directories)
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/upload-directory-cleanerdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Tools->Upload Directory Cleaner screen to start the cleaning
Contributors & Developers
“Upload Directory Cleaner” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed general settings bug.
- Fixed bug concerning thumbnails.
- Initial Release