With Simple SEO you can set your custom content for the “keywords” and “description” meta tags in each post or page using the standard WordPress metabox interface.
You can also set default values for each meta tag which will be displayed in all your pages, although this is not a SEO best practice.
- Romanian by Web Geek Science (Web Hosting Geeks)
- Serbo-Croatian by Borisa Djuraskovic (Webhostinghub)
- Ukrainian by Michael Yunat (http://getvoip.com)
- Indonesian by Jordan Silaen (http://chameleonjohn.com)
Manual Database Update
In order to update your database you can run the following queries using your favorite MySQL admin tool, changing your table prefix if needed (a backup is strongly recomended).
UPDATE wp_postmeta SET meta_key = '_sseo_meta_keywords' WHERE meta_key = 'meta_keywords'; UPDATE wp_postmeta SET meta_key = '_sseo_meta_description' WHERE meta_key = 'meta_description';
- Installation Instructions
- Download Simple SEO Pack plugin
- Extract the zipped archive
- Upload the directory
directory of your WordPress installation
- Activate the plugin from your WordPress admin ‘Plugins’ page.
- Configure plugin options in Settings -> Simple SEO menu
- Customize you posts and pages keywords and description using the “Simple
SEO Tags” metabox.
- Does qTranslate support work on values set through the options page?
Yes, but you have to insert the qTranslate tags manually (eg.
<!--:it-->Contenuto italiano<!--:en-->English content<!--:-->).
- How can I convert metadata inserted using the previous version of this plugin?
You can update your database manually, see the upgrade notice below.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple SEO Pack” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Simple SEO Pack” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added Indonesian localization provided by Jordan Silaen (http://chameleonjohn.com)
- Added Ukrainian localization provided by Michael Yunat (http://getvoip.com)
- Marked static methods as “static”
- Support for qTranslate is deprecated, actually it’s commented for this release, will be removed on the next one
- Added Serbo-Croatian localization provided by Borisa Djuraskovic (Webhostinghub)
- Fixed a bug that caused metatag display (with random data) on archive pages
- Fixed a bug that caused a PHP error on 404 pages
- Added Romanian localization provided by Web Geek Science
- Fixed a bug that caused a PHP alert while loading the JS for qTranslate compatibility
- Displays custom meta-box for filling meta tags.
- Enable/disable default meta tags for each post/page (even if it’s not
recommended for a right SEO optimization).
- Localization POT file and Italian translation compiled.
- Support for multi-language content using the qTranslate plugin.
- Initial version. Uses hand-typed custom fields.