Check out the latest WordPress deals for your site.
Use this plugin to easily create links to simple popup windows. It supports multiple popup links on posts/pages/widgets and window positioning/centering options.
NEW to 4.2 – Fixed issue of toolbar/scrollbar/location bar options not working correctly.
Installation for General Use
- Upload the whole
simple-popup-pluginfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- In a post or page use the shortcode
[popup url="http://www.popup-url.com"]LINK TEXT[/popup]to create a popup link.
- Go to the options page to adjust popup window dimensions and other options.
- To create a popup link in a post or page use
[popup url="http://www.popup-url.com"]Link Text Here[/popup].
- You adjust the dimensions of all popups in the options screen, or each individual popup using the width & height attributes within the shortcode, ie
[popup url="http://www.popup-url.com"]LINK TEXT[/popup].
- If you would like to use the shortcode in a template file simply call it like so:
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Popup Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Simple Popup Plugin” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added scrollbar option.
- Added widget for displaying links to popups in sidebar.
- Added template tag to create popup links in theme templates.
- Added support for multiple popups links.
- Added window positioning options.
- Removed widget (brought back in version 3.1)
- Brought back widget by popular demand.
- Widget upgraded to support multiple links and window centering option available – contributed by RichH
Added class ‘simple_popup_link’ to links for styling and fixed some bugs.
Added shortcode attributes for changing the dimensions of each popup window as needed. Also added the attribute ‘class’ to the shortcode for adding a custom class to the link if desired.
Some code fixes and cleanup to ensure compatibility with new WordPress versions.
Fixed issue of toolbar/scrollbar/location bar options not working correctly.
- Fixed PHP7 depricated class constructor.
- Fixed widget.
- Cleaned up options screen.