Requires WordPress 3.0+ Network Mode.
Allows blog administrators to add multiple users to blogs at a time, using only a list of email addresses. When the specified email address matches an existing account, the account will be added as a user on the blog. Otherwise a new account is created and the new user added with the specified role. Based on DDImportUsers.
The plugin determines username automatically from the email address. For example, the email address email@example.com will produce the email address bgorges100. For that reason, this plugin works best when used in schools or organizations with official, unique email addresses.
When BuddyPress is installed, the welcome email will also include a link to the new user’s Edit Profile screen.
This plugin was developed for Blogs@Baruch of Baruch College’s Bernard L Schwartz Communication Institute. http://blsciblogs.baruch.cuny.edu
- Install and activate the plugin through Dashboard > Plugins
- Visit Dashboard > Tools > Import Users to import users
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Import Users” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Simple Import Users” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial release
- Updated readme to reflect minimum requirements
- Updated readme to contain proper instructions
- Fixed typos
- Unhardcoded the text of emails
- Added fields where the sender can modify the content of the email
- Saves the customized email content for future use