Very simple plugin that will search for all the first images of your published posts, pages or custom post types and set them as the featured image.
- You can choose the post type you want to run the plugin on.
- Option to overwrite the already selected futured images.
- Option to select From / To date.
- Unzip set-all-first-images-as-featured.zip
- Upload the unziped folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Tools -> First images as featured
May 16, 2019
Got >90% of posts on 5.2 (imported 555 and ran it for one month to test, then 10-20 months at a time to not break anything) Worked like a charm, saved me a major headache, and saved me 120 USD (someone's selling a similar solution for that price!) Had a few false finds, not sure why, going to look into the reason eventually, maybe I'll remember to post!
April 1, 2019
March 8, 2019
The plugin still works and does exactly what it says. Thank you! I hope you'll update someday.
February 23, 2019
December 5, 2018
Four years later and (nearly) two major-version Wordpress releases later and it still works flawlessly...gotta love well-written software. Using this in conjunction with the also ancient-but-fully-functional Tumblr Importer to help fleeing Tumblr refugees migrate safely to self-hosted Wordpress.
November 25, 2018
Thanx! It works (and still works, WordPress 4.9.8) and it work very fast
Contributors & Developers
“Set All First Images As Featured” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Set All First Images As Featured” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed bug on loop requests.
- Added From – To dates selection.
- Added settings link to plugin overview page.
- Updated translation files.
- Added future to search image tags in the editor.
- Fixed bug on loop request ending to early.
- Optimize code to save the post attachment.
- Fixed bug to save attachment metadata.