Ajaxify wordpress with HTML5 pushState based on History.js by Benjamin Lupton.
Support for HTML5 modern browser only, focus on mobile and not breaking SEO rank.
Take an advantages from History.js, visited contents saved into browser’s so it will find and display it directly, no repeating request to server even have anchor (#).
Bundled with jQuery scrollTo plugin for user experiences and used to read and scroll to anchor.
And due to AJAX methods, this will not working with cross-domain (subdomain) calls.
No Jetpack API (or similar) integrations for now, so it just get whole page/post request and filtering the content to show in the body.
This is just a preliminary version as I can see no real pushState implementation for wordpress yet.
Some known not works with:
- WP SyntaxHighligher
- Some eCommerce plugins (WooCommerce, eShopping, etc)’s plugins
- … please let me know …
- Download from wordpress plugins or upload to your server “/wp-content/plugins/” manually as usual
- Activate and go the Settings link
- Put the container DOM ( “body”, “#container_id”, “.some-classes” )
Tested on TwentyTwelve themes, with “#content” container
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“HTML5 pushState” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “HTML5 pushState” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Improved performances
- Add more options
- Custom loading image (remove default)
- Loading image position, relative to DOM as CSS background
- Avoid pushState from feed links
- Add parseURI from Steven Levithan <stevenlevithan.com>
- Avoid pushState from links:
- any login page
- any pictures (jp*g|png|gif|bmp|css|js)
- Change name to “HTML5 pushState (on Settings menu and others)