PDF Creator Lite makes on-the-fly PDF documents of selected parts of your site. It has 2 main uses:
Use it on pages and posts so your readers can download PDFs:
Just put the
[pdf-lite] shortcode into your page or post and visitors can simply click a button to get a PDF document of that page.
Use the shortcode parameters to choose specific pages, categories, or the entire site. Here’s a few examples:
Makes a PDF of all posts:
Makes a PDF of all pages:
Makes a PDF of selected pages/posts (use post ids or slugs):
[pdf-lite page=”3, 28, my-post-slug”]
Makes a PDF of posts in the categories ‘music’ and ‘food’:
[pdf-lite cat=”music, food”]
Changes the download icon:
See the full list of parameters on the settings page ( Dashboard->Tools->PDF Creator ).
Use it as an admin tool to create customised PDFs of selected or all site pages (not posts):
- Customise the colours and fonts
- Simple and easy to use
Go to the settings page ( Dashboard->Tools->PDF Creator ) to make your PDF.
This plugin is supported by the University of Southampton
- Extract the zip file and copy contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation
- Activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
Contributors & Developers
“PDF Creator Lite” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “PDF Creator Lite” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added – Style options for shortcodes, the parameters are
fontcan be ‘times’, ‘helvetica’, or ‘courier’, and the colour options should be specified as hex values.
- Fixed – A PDF Creation issue under certain conditions (this only affected users trying to make pdfs of quiz questions generated by Quiz-Tool-Lite).
- Added – Frontend PDF downloads for site visitors, via the shortcode [pdf-lite]. The shortcode accepts various params to control the content in the pdf, see the settings page for a full list of options.
- Initial Release