The plugin enables the customer to have an option of paying merchants using M-PESA mobile money service from a WordPress site that has WooCommerce plugin installed.
The plugin adds an option on the checkout section for paying through M-PESA(A mobile payment platform) Open API which is now available on these counties:
Congo, Ghana, Lesotho, Tanzania
PLUGIN SETUP FOR M-PESA OPEN API SANDBOX
- Testing of the plugin is possible by creating an account in the M-Pesa Open API Developer Portal.
- After account creation, log in to the account, click on the menu at the top left corner of the portal.
- Click on Applications from the drop down menu.
- On the Applications window, click on New and fill the application details. Make sure you have chosen C2B Single Payment option.
- Once the application has been created, click on View option to check the application details.
- The plugin settings are found here on your website once logged in as WordPress Administrator(WooCommerce ➡ Settings ➡ Payments ➡ M-PESA Open API ➡ Manage)
- Copy the Sandbox API Key value which you will fill in this plugin settings.
- Open the C2B Single Payment documentation here and copy the publicKey value on the sample code which you will paste in the plugin settings.
- The Country and Currency to be configured on the plugin are in the API Markets table on the Documentation page.
- Use 000000 as the Service Code provided for testing on Sandbox
- The endpoints will be prefilled but if not available copy from the documentation page.
- After filling all these items on the plugin settings, click on Save and test purchasing of products on the website.
Note these items when testing in Sandbox:
1. You can add test numbers on the M-Pesa Open API Portal.
2. This number(000000000001) will give a successful response on Sandbox, but there will be no USSD Push received.
PLUGIN SETUP FOR M-PESA OPEN API PRODUCTION
- The plugin settings will need to be changed to use the production details
- Use the Go Live process on the M-Pesa Open API portal in order to get the production details
- Once the Go Live process is successful and you have all the details, replace them on the plugin settings, save and test.
- Remember to update the endpoints too, to the production endpoints provided on the M-Pesa Open API documentation section.
PLUGIN CUSTOMER JOURNEY
- When the customer clicks on the Pay button on the payment page, the plugin will initiate a payment authorization request to the customer.
- The customer will then accept or decline the payment from the personal mobile phone.
- The order status in the online shop is then changed depending on the customer’s action(In the Pro Version).
- This free version of the plugin does not change order status and does not have the functionality of checking the transaction status of the payments but the Pro Version does.
- The main purpose of the free version is to test the functionality of how your website will work and it’s compatibility with your website before deciding to use it in production.
- Please check the DEMO of the Pro Version of the plugin HERE
- The Pro Version is currently Free, please request for it by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compatible with WordPress themes.
- Easy to use.
- Supports all modern browsers.
How to use:
- Make sure you have installed and activated WooCommerce plugin before installing and activating this plugin.
- Upload the Payment Gateway for M-PESA Open API on WooCommerce plugin files to the wordpress plugins directory (/wp-content/plugins/), or install the plugin from th WordPress admin plugin screen.
- Activate the plugin.
- On the WordPress admin, navigate to (WooCommerce ➡ Settings ➡ Payments ➡ M-PESA Open API ➡ Manage) and fill in the fields provided in order for the plugin to work.
This plugin does not have any relation with WooCommerce or M-PESA. The plugin’s purpose is just to help in linking the WooCommerce plugin with the M-PESA payment method.
In the plugin description there is links to other websites which are not under the control of Payment Gateway for M-PESA Open API Plugin. We have no control over the nature,
content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Unzip files.
- Upload the folder into your plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin.
- Update the settings.
How does the customer authenticate the payment?
The customer receives a USSD push to authenticate the payment and this is secure since it is the customer doing this.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Payment Gateway for M-PESA Open API on WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors