This plugin works like the standard Page widget, however this one works how you want it to do.
The menu unfolds sub-items as required
This plugin displays initially the pages menu top-level pages only.
While on a page, the child pages that belong to the page are also listed.
While on a child-page, the subsequent grand-child pages are listed also.
Etc. as deeply as reuired.
Additionally a Home-link can be added that will display conditionally.
You can select from: Always, On a page only, Never.
When On a page only is selected, the Home link will display ony when you are on a page, so when you might need it.
The advantage of this plugin is that a huge amount of pages can be in a menu, without the user getting lost as long as you provide a proper tree-structure to them.
The standard configurability of Widget title, Excluded pages, Sort order.
About and Credits
- Page Navigator Widget is written and maintained by J.N. Breetvelt, ( http://www.opajaap.nl/ ) a.k.a. OpaJaap
WP Photo Album is released under the GNU GPL licence. ( http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html )
- Unzip and upload the wppa plugin folder to wp-content/plugins/
- Activate the plugin in WP Admin -> Plugins.
- Add and configure the widget in WP Admin -> Appearance -> Widgets
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Page Navigator Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Page Navigator Widget” has been translated into 2 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Page Navigator Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Maintanance release
- Compatible with PHP 7.2
- Can now properly be translated according to the new rules
- Fixed a layout bug.
- Hierarchical display did not work when permlink seting was not default. Fixed.
- Changed text domain name to meet the current wp standards.
- Improved sort order mechanism.
- Made class definition compat to php5.
- Page titles in multi-language based on qTranslate rules are now displayed in the currect language.
- Tested on WP 3.8
- Fixed a warning message while in debug mode and permalinks were non-standard
- Initial coding