This plugin is free and I expect nothing in return. If you wish to support my programming, buy my book:
Error Message Eyes: A Programmer’s Guide to the Digital Soul
- Download the plugin.
- Upload the plugin to your wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Open in New Window Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Tested under WordPress 5.7
- Tested under WordPress 5.4
- Fixed bug in the way options are stored.
- Fixed bug in the way control js was loaded.
- Major rewrite.
- Uses script enqueue methods so WP loads the scripts.
- Fixed some problems with the scripts. THey should compress correctly now.
- set up so translations might work (but I doubt it).
- Added security check.
- broke up the program to reduce load overhead
- added the first settings option to this plugin. Some files types, when found in local site, can be forced to open in a new window. These include: .pdf, .mp3, .jpg, .gif, .tiff, .png, .doc, .rtf, .docx, .xls, .wmv, .mov, .avi, .zip, .rar, .7z and .arc. Check off the option box in the settings. On by default.
Added support to load certain file types in a new window. Disabled in wp-admin screens to prevent reported issues with the admin toolbar.
Now loading the script as a js file in order to cache the hits and speed page loads.