Get a list of Related Posts by querying your Swiftype account. If Swiftype is
not available, it uses WordPress’ regular search system. By default, the
related post search is performed using one of the available tags, but you can
override it using your own search query string.
Version 2.1.0 let’s you define your own templates for displaying each related
post. Just create a directory named
neliosrpin your theme’s directory and
create the template you want to use such as, for instance,
template-name.php. When inserting the widget, specify that the template is
template-nameand you’re ready to go!
Warning Remember to save your templates somewhere save before updating
(In the directory
template-examplesyou’ll find some examples).
Note If you want to use this plugin with your Swiftype account, please keep
in mind you must have the official Swiftype
Search plugin installed.
- Swiftype-powered Search The list of related posts is built using your
- Regular WordPress Search You can also use the plugin without a Swiftype
account. Just install the plugin and the regular WordPress search will be used.
- Advanced search Related posts are based on tags. However, you can use
your own search query.
- Customization You can tweak a few details of the related post list, such
as the section title, the number of words in the excerpt, or the number of days
for the cache will be valid.
- Swiftype’s Facebook
- Our New Plugin–Nelio Related
Posts (Nelio’s blog)
Related Plugins by Nelio
- Nelio A/B Testing |
- Nelio External Featured Image |
- Nelio Featured Posts |
Featured image by Thomas
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Nelio Related Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Nelio Related Posts” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Translated to Spanish by Nelio.
- Translated to Catalan by Nelio.
- Translated to Serbian by Ogi Djuraskovic, from First Site
Guide (thanks Ogi!).
- Use custom templates for rendering related posts for widget.
- Swiftype Related Posts are now widget based. Place them wherever you want!
- Some minor improvements.
- Added a reference to our A/B Testing service.
- Added a new helper function for inserting the related posts wherever you
want, by simply editing your (child) theme.
- Class “related_post_link” added to all related post links (useful for GA)
- Small tweaks
- Fix: removed an extra anchor ‘a’ closing tag.
- First release.
- Get a list related posts using Swiftype and/or regular WordPress search