Adds support for local avatars for your users so you don’t have to use Gravatar. You can also redirect all Gravatar requests to a local avatar.
- Adds support for local avatars for authors so that you dont need to use an Gravatar account
- Option to redirect all Gravatar requests to a local avatar to improve performance and privacy
- Install plugin.
- (optional) Go to user profiles to tick local avatars and enter a URL to you personal avatar.
- (optional) Go to user profiles to enter other informations about the author.
- (optional) Go to “Settings” -> “Local Avatars” to setup global settings.
- Download the plugin (.zip file) on your hard drive.
- Unzip the zip file contents.
- Upload the local-avatars-by-nocksoft folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin in the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Make a few settings (see section “Setup” on this page).
How can I change the avatar for my user?
You have two options. Either through Gravatar, or you can specify a local image in your user profile settings. This setting can be made separately for each user.
How can I completely disable Gravatar?
You can do this in the global settings og this plugin.
Where can I make settings for this plugin?
You can adjust settings in the user profile settings and in the global settings under “Settings” -> “Local Avatars”.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Local Avatars by Nocksoft” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First release