This plugin allow you to grab a screenshot of a remote url and save into your own word press media library.
- Uses the wordpress.com ‘mshots’ functionality to automatically take screenshots of websites..
- Automatically adds the screenshot to the WordPress media library
- Redirects you to the edit screen once the screenshot is in the media library.
- Once the bookmarklet is installed you don’t even need to copy and paste a url (just navigate to the site you wish to screenshot and select the bookmark).
- Upload the entire
lh-browser-shotsfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Media->Add Browser Shot to add screenshot or use the bookmarklet.
Why does this plugin sometimes capture a pending GIF?
The WordPress MShots api takes a little time to generate a browser screenshot.As an interim it will return a pending image. IUf the image has not been generated the pending image will be downloaded by this plugin. To get the real screen shot try again and the screenshot should be ready.
Contributors & Developers
“LH Browser Shots” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.00 May 06, 2016
1.01 June 22, 2016
1.02 May 01, 2017
1.03 August 01, 2017
Moved download to separate class.
1.04 August 05, 2017
Upgraded copy file class.
1.05 October 08, 2017
Updated remote upload class
2.00 July 28, 2022