iVolunteer is a free location-aware service that makes it easy for people to find volunteer opportunities and get involved in their communities.
The iVolunteer Plugin:
- Displays local community volunteering opportunities in the blog sidebar.
- Please see the Screenshots for examples.
Thanks to The HandsOn Network for providing the volunteer opportunity data.
For the latest news, please follow @iVolunteer on Twitter.
Rev 1.1.7 2009-Jun-14
iVolunteer_sidebar()to remove preceeding bullet from list.
- Fixed with the help of Andrew Hyde. Thanks for helping debug this on your Mac!
Rev 1.1.6 2009-Jun-13
- Tested with WordPress 2.8.
Rev 1.1.5 2009-Jun-13
- Display events in ascending order by date.
Rev 1.1.4 2009-Jun-09
- Added one additional check for zero records returned. Displays “No opportunities found.”
- Updated to force all descriptions to only capitalize first char of each word.
Rev 1.1.3 2009-Jun-09
- Gracefully handle zero records returned from JSON api.
Rev 1.1.2 2009-Jun-08
- Updated text on the options page.
Rev 1.1.1 2009-Jun-08
- Updated to simplify sidebar.php installation for non-widgetized themes.
Rev 1.1.0 2009-Jun-06
- Upon initial setup, default to 5 opportunities to be displayed.
Rev 1.0.9 2009-Jun-02
- Replaced str_ireplace() with custom function to ensure PHP4 compatibility.
Rev 1.0.8 2009-Jun-01
- Updated the readme.
Rev 1.0.7 2009-Jun-01
- Added 2 screenshots: Local volunteer opportunities shown in the blog sidebar, The iVolunteer admin settings page.
Rev 1.0.6 2009-Jun-01
- Added admin option to choose number of events to display in sidebar: 5, 10, or 15.
Rev 1.0.5 2009-Jun-01
- Reformatted date, time, city/state/zip, and phone number for continuity.
- If no response from server, timeout after 5 seconds and display “please try later”.
Rev 1.0.4 2009-May-29
- Reformatted sidebar display.
Rev 1.0.3 2009-May-29
- Added live datafeed.
Rev 1.0.2 2009-Feb-17
- Localized to support multiple languages.
Rev 1.0.1 2009-Feb-16
- Initial revision.
- Please Deactivate the previous iVolunteer Plugin first.
Upload the iVolunteer Plugin folder to /wp-content/Plugins/
Login to your WordPress admin web page.
Activate the Plugin:
- Click on the Plugins tab.
- Find iVolunteer in the list of Inactive Plugins (or Recently Active Plugins).
- Click on Activate to activate the iVolunteer Plugin.
Configure the Plugin:
- Click on Settings.
- Click on iVolunteer.
- Enter your iVolunteer options.
- Press the Save button to save the iVolunteer options.
Add the Plugin as a sidebar widget:
- Click on Appearance (or Design).
- Click on Widgets.
- On the left side, next to iVolunteer, click on Add to make it appear in the list of Current Widgets.
- Click on Save Changes.
If your theme DOES NOT support widgets, place the following line of code in your sidebar file (e.g. sidebar.php):
<?php iVolunteer_sidebar (); ?>
Local volunteer opportunities should now appear in your sidebar.
There are no reviews for this plugin.