This plugin will create a widget, which will get the price of a stock, an display the price along with the name of the stock.
The plugin provides users with a shortcode to use on any page and post. The user provides the ticker value (eg. AAPL) and exchange (eg. NASDAQ). This is used to gather the data.
A few notes about the sections above:
- “Contributors” mprichardson
- “Tags” stock market, stock prices, live data
- “Requires at least” 2.5.0
- “Tested up to” 3.4
Use of a 3rd Party or external service
This plugin gets the data from our servers at https://api.simplestocks.io. Our servers gather data from various sources, all the data is validated and store the data in our own
databases. Future updates will see the use of a more advanced and friendlier API.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
[stock-refresher exchange=nasdaq ticker=AAPL]in your page or post, with ‘AAPL’ being the ticker you want the price for and ‘nasdaq’ being the exchange it belongs to.
- Which stock prices can I get?
At the moment, most of the stocks on the NASDAQ and NYSE. No commodities are supported yet.
- How many of these can I have per page?
As many as you want.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Interval Stock Price Refresher” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Interval Stock Price Refresher” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial release of the plugin.
- Updated the api call to our servers. Now using our own servers and not the IP address anymore.