Provides a standard index of content in your site using a short code. Sorts results into alphabetical listings.
- Supports posts, pages, and custom post types – you select what to index.
- Provides options for adding styles to the index.
- Automatically indexes every time a page is saved.
- Allows admin to indicate words to omit from the index.
index-pressfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin on the settings screen.
- Add the [index-press] shortcode to the page where your index should display.
- How do I add an index to my site?
Add the shortcode [index-press] to any page where you want an index to display. Visit http://docs.grandslambert.com/wiki/Index_Press for more information on how to use this shortcode.
- How can I force an update of the index?
The index of words will be updated automatically each time you save any post, page or custom post type, as well as when you open the Index Press settings page.
- Where do I go to get support for this plugin?
Visit the support forum at http://support.grandslambert.com/forum/index-press
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Index Press” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Index Press” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.0 – Feburary 10, 2011
- Beta testing is over, full version released.
- Added language .pot file to the plugin so translators can get to work.
- Removed unused code to cut down on the load.
- Updated internal link to make it easier to get support for the plugin.
0.6 – December 16th, 2010
- Added button to select all words to hide.
- Added feature to highlight (bold or italic) words when post or page is clicked from index page.
- Fixed the output to keep all content within div tags for better CSS.
- Tabbed the settings page to make it easier to manage.
- Added an option to reset all settings to default.
- Fixed how styles and scripts are loaded to follow WordPress Standards.
0.5 – August 30th, 2010
- Fixed some minor WP errors that caused issues on activation.
- Cleaned up code for speed and reliability.
- Fixed the “Hide Title” option.
0.4 – July 30th, 2010
- Fixed a fatal error on the settings page if used a version of WordPress older than 3.0
0.3 – July 30th, 2010
- Fixed the regular expression to filter out special characters that cause the index to not display.
0.2 – July 27th, 2010
- Added support to select which post types to index – defaults to only pages.
- Added styles around the list components.
- Added a field on the settings page to customize the CSS for the plugin.
0.1 – July 26th, 2010
- Initial Release