This plugin enables your users to login/register with major Web service’s accounts. Below is supported services.
If your site needs user’s login action, signing-up is the most difficult step. With this plugin, users can sign up without inputting email nor password.
Log in Flow Video
Supported Web services
- Use Abraham Williams’ twitteroauth.
- Use Facebook’s official PHP SDK.
- Use Google API PHP Client.
- Use Ligature Symbols (Web font).
Gianism awes a lot to these open source projects. Thanks lots!
Install itself is easy. Auto install from admin panel is recommended. Search with
- Donwload and unpack plugin file, upload
- Activate it from admin panel.
Use latest source on github
You can get this plugin from github. Clone it and run
composer install && npm install && npm start. About composer and npm, google it.
How to set up
After plugin’s activation, you have to set it up. Every setup has 2 step. One is on SNS, the other is on your site.
For example, if you use Facebook, register new app on Facebook, then input app ID and token on WordPress admin panel. Every SNS requires registeration of Apps and credentials related to it.
For more details, please refer to setting screen’s instruction or our site gianism.info.
Can I use this in English?
Maybe yes. Translations are welcomed.
Found bug. It sucks.
Contributors & Developers
“Gianism” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Here is a list of change logs.
- Support Simple Membership plugin. You need to turn on “Enable Auto Create Member Accounts” and “Force WP User Syncronization”.
- Supported multiple
wp_mailtry to send email to multiple users with array of emails, Gianism filter psedudo email. Thanks @yutaka12!
- Add filter to customize login button order.
- Add 2 short codes
gianism_connectionto display SNS buttons in public pages.
- Add new function
gianism_connectionto display SNS connection buttons for logged in users.
- Fix child site redirection on failuer under network site.
- Fix redirect users to My Account if WooCommerce is activated.
- Fix fatal error caused if WooCommerce is activated.
- Fix informal message “Oops”.
- Support network activation.
- Fix Cookie related bugs in PHP 7.3 and over.
- Add profile completion options. Now you can notify users or redirect users to profile page if they have incomplete information(e.g. Wrong email). For more details, see our blog post.
- “Add friend” button for LINE if you have an official account.
4.0 is major update. Please check the changes.
- BREAKING CHANGE Requires PHP 5.6 and higher.
- BREAKING CHANGE PHP Session is not required anymore. Now Gianism uses Cookie instead. Therefore, please check Cookie’s name below are passed to PHP. On environments under CDN like Amazon Cloudfront, Cookies are filtered with a whitelist.
- If possible, allow cookie prefixed
gianism_for future updates.
- All Cookie headers have now new property
- URL prefix for redirect URI is now available. Since previous version, Ginanism’s endpoints are at root(e.g.
example.com/facebook). Now you can add prefix as you like(e.g.
example.com/gianism/facebook). Sorry for late update, but I was young.
- Facebook API version update is very frequent, so Gianims ensure minimum API version. Gianism 4.0 igonres Facebook API version less than 6.0.
- Remove unused libraries of Google PHP API Client from Gianism, because the library sizes are too huge. This may break your site if you use Google’s library in your custom code. To check remaining libraries, refer
- Some small fixes.
Please refer changelog.md for older change logs,