The FTC requires that bloggers, affiliates and publishers disclose their relationships with merchant if they earn money
from links within blog posts. This plugin will add a simple FTC-compliant disclosure statement at the beginning of all
- Install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
Can I change the message?
Yes! Now you can (new in Version 2)
Can I limit to which blog posts the disclosure is shown?
Can I specify the disclosure to only appear on certain posts?
July 11, 2017
App works as needed. Simple, lightweight, and gets the job done. Disclosure is listed before content on blog pages.
March 5, 2017 1 reply
Does exactly what it says. Would be nice if we could select different messages for different tags, e.g. sponsored post vs affiliate links.
December 22, 2016
Excellent, lightweight plugin to provide disclosure of affiliate relationships or sponsored content. Note: I am a contractor for the plugin author, but I use this on my personal sites, too.
Contributors & Developers
“FMTC Affiliate Disclosure” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “FMTC Affiliate Disclosure” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updated the readme file for “Tested up to” to 5.9.2
- Fix the Plugins page link to settings page.
- Update the admin form to use nonce verification
- Sanitize user inputs
- Escape outputs
- Remove the use of FILE in the submenu page configuration
- Update formatting to match the WordPress coding standard
- Require PHP 5.3
- Updated the readme file for “Tested up to” to 4.7 and adding banner for WordPress.org plugin directory
- You can now specify your own disclosure text
- Fixed a typo
- Initial release