Flush Opcache with Varnish automatically flushes the PHP Opcache when one of the “Empty Cache” buttons that Mika Epstein’s excellent Varnish HTTP Cache creates are clicked.
If the WP Opcache plugin is installed it is used to flush the opcache to let the opcache be re-warmed according to your WP Opcache settings, (and you can turn off WP Opcache’s “Flush PHP Opcache” button from the Admin toolbar).
If WP Super Cache is installed then the WP Super Cache cache will be cleared as well.
Please request support in this plugin’s support forum on wordpress.org. This way there is a public record of solutions that work for people.
Please submit issues and Pull Requests to the Github repository.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Install Flush Opcache with Varnish from the WordPress plugin repository
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress, (or just click the “Activate” button after installing).
- That’s it. There are no settings or anything. If the plugin is active it flushes the opcache when an “Empty Cache” button is clicked.
- Does the _Varnish HTTP Cache_ plugin Need to be installed to use this plugin?
Either Varnish HTTP Cache or a plugin that’s based on in, and doesn’t change much, needs to be installed.
- Does the _WP Opcache_ plugin need to be installed to use this plugin?
If WP Opcache is installed it will handle the actual flushing.
- Does the _WP Super Cache_ plugin need to be installed to use this plugin?
If WP Super Cache is instlled and active its cache will be cleared in addition to the Varnish and Opcode caches.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Flush Opcache with Varnish” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Flush Opcache with Varnish” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Released January 13, 2018
- Updated Readme files to correct display issues.
- Version Number Skipped.
- Released January 11, 2018
- Added clearing the WP Super Cache cache, if it exists.
- First release version of Flush Opcache with Varnish.