This plugin replaces the admin bar (at the top of the frontend screen) by a sticky ‘Go To Admin Screen’ button
It’s a, lightweight, jQuery based plugin.
The best part: you can drag and drop the button to anywhere you want!
The new position will be used till the session ends.
After starting a new session it will use the default position again.
Also cool is: you can toggle between the WP Admin Bar and the Floating Admin Button!
Just press the custom hotkey (configurable on the Settings page).
NOTE: DEFAULT HOTKEY IS CTRL-F8
Second use of the plugin:
Disable the button on the settings page. In this mode you can toggle the WP-Admin bar on and off by pressing a, self-defined, hotkey.
You can configure the plugin via:
WP Admin Panel » Settings » Floating Admin Button
CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder, Eindhoven, The Netherlands – http://cagewebdev.com – http://rvg.cage.nl
- English [en_US] – translated by Rolf van Gelder, CAGE Web Design – http://cagewebdev.com
- Dutch [nl_NL] – translated by Rolf van Gelder, CAGE Web Design – http://cagewebdev.com
NO WARRANTY, USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Plugins by CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder
WordPress plugins created by CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder
- Upload the Plugin to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin in the WP Admin Panel » Plugins
How can I change the settings of this plugin?
- WP Admin Panel » Settings » Floating Admin Button
- Press the hotkey as defined on the settings page (default key: CTRL-F8)
Contributors & Developers
“Floating Admin Button” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Floating Admin Button” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- NEW: the link for the admin button is now configurable through the settings page
- CHANGE: WordPress logos replaced by the ‘real’ WordPress logos
- NEW: an option to disable the button; when disabled, you can toggle the WP-Admin bar on/off with a hotkey
- CHANGE: many changes and improvements
- CHANGE: the show/hide button status is now saved in a session variable
- BUG FIX: the ‘Initially show the Floating Admin Button instead of the WP Admin Bar’ option wasn’t saved correctly
- BUG FIX: bugs fixed for ajax calls
- BUG FIX: button was in some browsers ‘jumping’
- NEW: added a ‘Back to Default Position’ button (settings page)
- CHANGE: position of the button has been constraint
- CHANGE: several improvements
- BUG FIX: Some minor bug fixes
- Initial release