Simple and super lightweight Lightbox for WordPress with gallery navigation support.
- Zero render-blocking tags are added on the page
- Only 0.5 kB is loaded if no linked images found
- Gallery support
- Caching, minifying & combining friendly
- jQuery independent (in case it’s async)
- Keyboard navigation
- Swipe navigation
Starts working just by the plugin activation. Opens linked images in a popup Lightbox by click. Adds arrow navigation, if an image is a part of a gallery or other links sequence.
You can modify the code for your needs, or suggest improvemens on GitHub. It is pretty transparent and well-commented.
- Install the plugin
- Activate the plugin
Waiting for your questions, which you can ask here or via GitHub.
Contributors & Developers
“FCP Lightest Lightbox” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Swipe navigation added
- Inlined the inline js
- Improved the siblings search
- Removed the render blocking css to be loaded by js
- Moved the main js and css away to load only if a linked image is found
- Optimized to fit WP 5.7
- Optimized: Gallery & image sequences tracking added
- Initial release