If you are a programmer who uses GitHub then why not share your coding projects via your WordPress blog by adding a snapshot
of your profile as a widget
Simply add the widget to your preferred location and enter your GitHub username.
- Cached using Transient
- Displays your GitHub profile image
- Shows your GitHub bio, if set
- Shows your Location, email address & blog URL if set
- Provides links to your followers, following and starred repositories
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Add the widget to your desired location in Appearance->Widgets
- Enter your GitHub username in the appropriate field
- If desired, add a GitHub API Token and/or alter the cache timeout.
- Is a GitHub API token required
No… Although it is recommended, especially if you wish to have the cache timeout set to a low value, or if you require regular access to the GitHub API through other areas of your website.
Contributors & Developers
“GitHub Mini Profile Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “GitHub Mini Profile Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial release
- Correcting URL of public gists