External Notification is a plugin that allows users to send a notification to Slack.
Also it has useful hooks for developers.
When WordPress sends a notification email for site administrators, this plugin sends the message to slack instead of an email.
This feature can be disabled from the administration screen.
How to use the plugin as a notification API
There are 2 ways to use the plugin as the API.
1. Call the ready-to-use external_notification2slack function
external_notification2slack($message, $user_id, $payload)
2. If another plugin will use this to post slack, it is best to use this option instead of calling external_notification2slack function to avoid Fatal Error in case this plugin is deactivated.\
do_action( 'external_notification2slack', $message, $user_id, $payload );
‘webhook_url’ acquisition priority
- constant ‘EXNO_SLACK_WEBHOOK_URL’ in wp-config.php
- ‘webhook_url’ entry in External Notification option page
logging error messages
if you install & activete our another plugin ‘App Log’, outputs an error message to the log file.
- Upload the plugin package to the plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin through the \’Plugins\’ menu in WordPress.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“External Notification” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“External Notification” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “External Notification” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- first version.