Sell tickets and collect RSVPs with the free Event Tickets plugin, from the team behind the number one calendar in WordPress.
This plugin makes it easy to sell tickets, collect registrations, and manage attendees for your in-person or virtual events. Plus, it comes with features backed by our world-class team of developers and designers. Easily integrate Event Tickets with your Stripe account or PayPal business account.
Connect to Stripe and take advantage of one of the world’s most popular payment gateways. Our Stripe integration lets you accept credit card payments on your website, along with additional payment methods including AfterPay, ClearPay, AliPay, Giropay, and Klarna.
See more videos on our YouTube channel
Easily connect to PayPal without any complicated API keys or code through our quick connection wizard in your WordPress backend. With just a few clicks, you can begin selling tickets and enable payment through PayPal, Venmo, and credit cards.
Even more, you can upgrade to Event Tickets Plus and unlock additional payment methods including digital wallets like ApplePay and Google Pay through Stripe, or use WooCommerce to take advantage of popular payment solutions including Braintree, Square, AmazonPay, and more.
🎟️ Ticketing and Registration for WordPress
See Event Tickets in action on our demo site. Just getting started? Check out the Getting Started Guide for an introduction to features, settings, and functionality.
Looking for additional features like custom registration fields, QR check-in, Zoom integration, and more? Check out Event Tickets Plus and our other add-ons.
🔌🎨 Plug and Play or Customize
Event Tickets is built to work out of the box. Just install the plugin, configure your settings, and start collecting RSVPs and selling tickets in minutes.
Add your own touch by using Event Tickets as the foundation for customization. Personalize to your heart’s content with the help of a skeleton stylesheet, partial template overrides, template tags, hooks and filters, careful documentation, and a library of free extensions.
Whether your vision is big or small, you’re in good company. Thousands of small businesses, musicians, venues, restaurants, and non-profits are increasing revenue from their in-person and virtual events with Event Tickets. Our plugins have also been scaled to work on large networks for Fortune 100 companies, universities, and government institutions.
✔️ Attendees can purchase tickets to events
✔️ Attendees can RSVP to events
✔️ Sell tickets with PayPal and/or Stripe using our free commerce solution, Tickets Commerce.
✔️ Add RSVPs and tickets to posts, pages, or custom post types
✔️ Collect ticket fees by connecting your PayPal business or Stripe account
✔️ Generate sales and attendee reports
✔️ Ticket stock countdown
✔️ Automatic ticket confirmation emails
✔️ Works out of the box with The Events Calendar
✔️ Responsive design works on all devices
✔️ Tested on the major theme frameworks such as Avada, Genesis, Kadence, Thesis and many more.
✔️ Internationalized & translated
✔️ Extensive template tags for customization
✔️ Hooks & filters galore
✔️ Library of extensions
Upgrade to Event Tickets Plus for full WooCommerce integration to use additional payment gateways.
All of our documentation can be found in our knowledgebase.
Additional helpful links:
- Guide: Getting Started with Event Tickets
- Installing Event Tickets Video
- Using Tickets Commerce Video
- Do I need Event Tickets or Event Tickets Plus?
- How to Make Money with Virtual Events
- Implementing Stripe on Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus
If you have any questions about this plugin, you can post a thread in the WordPress.org forum. Please search existing threads before starting a new on
Take your calendar to the next level by pairing it with our plugins for ticketing, crowdsourcing, email marketing, and more. Learn more about all our products on our website.
Our Free Plugins:
📅 The Events Calendar
📐 Advanced Post Manager
Our Premium Plugins and Services:
⚡ Events Calendar Pro
↪️ Event Aggregator (service)
🎟️ Event Tickets Plus
👥 Community Events
🎟️ Community Tickets
✏️ Filter Bar
🗓️ Eventbrite Tickets
📡 Virtual Events
If you aren’t familiar with Event Tickets, check out our Getting Started Guide. It will have you creating tickets in no time.
Ready to dig deeper? Check out these resources:
We check in on the Event Tickets forum here on WordPress.org about once a week to help users with basic troubleshooting and identifying bugs. If you’re looking for premium, personalized support, consider upgrading to Event Tickets Plus.
Still have a question? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Tickets is translated into multiple languages, including German, Danish, and Dutch. Help localize Event Tickets even further by adding your locale – visit translate.wordpress.org.
- From the dashboard of your site, navigate to Plugins –> Add New.
- Select the Upload option and hit “Choose File.”
- When the popup appears select the event-tickets.x.x.zip file from your desktop. (The ‘x.x’ will change depending on the current version number).
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait as the upload completes.
- When it’s finished, activate the plugin via the prompt. A message will show confirming activation was successful.
- For access to new updates, make sure you have added your valid License Key under Tickets –> Settings –> Licenses.
Are there any troubleshooting steps I should try before I post a new thread in the support forum?
First, make sure that you’re running the latest version of Event Tickets. If you’ve got any other add-ons, make sure those are current and running the latest code as well. Also be sure to check our knowledgebase.
The most common issues we see are either plugin or theme conflicts. You can test if a plugin or theme is conflicting by manually deactivating other plugins until just Event Tickets is running on your site. If the issue persists, revert to the default Twenty Twenty theme. If the issue is resolved after deactivating a specific plugin or your theme, you’ll know that is the source of the conflict.
Note that we aren’t going to say “tough luck” if you identify a plugin/theme conflict. While we can’t guarantee 100% integration with any plugin or theme out there, we will do our best (and reach out the plugin/theme author as needed) to figure out a solution that benefits everyone.
I’m still stuck. Where do I go to file a bug or ask a question?
Free plugin users can post in the Event Tickets support forum on WordPress.org. Our team reviews that forum weekly to look for bug reports.
If you’re already an Event Tickets Plus subscriber, you’re entitled to our actively-monitored Premium Support on our website. Generally, except in times of increased support loads, we reply to all premium support tickets within 24 hours during the business week.
What’s the difference between Event Tickets and Events Tickets Plus?
Event Tickets is our free ticketing plugin that has all the basics you need to sell tickets and collect RSVPs on your website. You can use Event Tickets with or without The Events Calendar.
Event Tickets Plus is a premium plugin that runs alongside Event Tickets and enhances it with extra features, including custom registration fields, shortcodes, WooCommerce integration, enhanced Stripe functionality for Stripe for Tickets Commerce, our mobile ticketing app and more.
Do I need The Events Calendar to run Event Tickets?
Nope! Event Tickets works with or without The Events Calendar. Even if you don’t have The Events Calendar, you can create RSVPs and tickets on WordPress pages and posts.
Can I email attendees using Event Tickets?
Yes. Event Tickets automatically sends an email confirmation after attendees register or RSVP for an event. If the attendee purchases a ticket, the confirmation email will also provide a ticket to scan at the door for admission.
What add-ons are available for Event Tickets, and where can I read more about them?
The following add-ons are available for The Events Calendar:
- Events Calendar Pro, for adding premium calendar features like recurring events, advanced views, cool widgets, shortcodes, additional fields, and more!
- Event Aggregator, a service that effortlessly fills your calendar with events from Meetup, Google Calendar, iCalendar, Eventbrite, CSV, and ICS.
- Virtual Events, which optimizes your calendar for virtual events including Zoom integration, video and livestream embeds, SEO optimization for online events and more.
- Event Tickets Plus, which allows you to sell tickets for your events using your favorite e-commerce platform.
- Promoter, automated email communication made just for The Events Calendar and Event Tickets. Stay in touch with your attendees every step of the way.
- Community Events, for allowing frontend event submission from your readers.
- Community Tickets, which allows event organizers to sell tickets to the events they submit via Community Events.
- Filter Bar, for adding advanced frontend filtering capabilities to your events calendar.
- Eventbrite Tickets, for selling tickets to your event directly through Eventbrite.
I have a feature idea. What’s the best way to tell you about it?
We’ve got a LoopedIn page where we’re actively watching for feature ideas from the community. Vote up existing feature requests or add your own, and help us shape the future of the products business in a way that best meets the community’s needs.
I’ve still got questions. Where can I find answers?
Check out our extensive knowledgebase for articles on using, tweaking, and troubleshooting our plugins.
Contributors & Developers
“Event Tickets and Registration” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Event Tickets and Registration” has been translated into 7 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Event Tickets and Registration” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix – Fixed unlimited capacity tickets showing as sold out on calendar views. [ET-1678]
- Fix – Fix fatal on the attendees screen when accessing as a non-admin user. [ET-1679]
- Tweak – Code maintenance for the attendees screen. [ET-1635]
- Tweak – Save activation time for Event Tickets. [ET-1639]
- Tweak – Added wrapper method to fetch RSVP ticket not going option data. [ETP-843]
- Tweak – Save last check-in time for tickets scanned via the Event Tickets Plus APP. [ET-1640]
- Fix – Fixed shared capacity ticket counts not showing properly on calendar views. [ETP-851]
- Fix – Fixed attendee ticket title for moved TicketsCommerce tickets. [ET-1611]
- Fix – Fixed fatal error on the Tickets Settings page when site language was set to Italian. [ET-1645]
- Tweak – Added filters:
- Tweak – Removed filters:
- Tweak – Added actions:
- Tweak – Changed views:
- Language – 16 new strings added, 181 updated, 1 fuzzied, and 94 obsoleted
- Version – Event Tickets 5.5.8 is only compatible with The Events Calendar 6.0.10 and higher.
- Version – Event Tickets 5.5.8 is only compatible with Event Tickets Plus 5.6.7 and higher.
- Tweak – PHP version compatibility bumped to PHP 7.4
- Tweak – Version Composer updated to 2
- Tweak – Version Node updated to 18.13.0
- Tweak – Version NPM update to 8.19.3
- Enhancement – Added currency format options to alter currency decimal separator, thousand separator, and number of decimal places. [ET-1608]
- Tweak – Updated Currency options in Tickets Commerce settings for Croatian users from Kuna (HRK) to Euro (EUR). [ET-1625]
- Tweak – Updated Attendee Registration Fields upsell notice to only display in admin dashboard. [CT-67]
- Fix – Resolve provisional IDs properly on the event edit screen for ticket management actions. [ET-1632]
- Fix – Fixed Ticket Commerce cart cookies not getting saved. [ET-1629]
- Language – 28 new strings added, 189 updated, 5 fuzzied, and 3 obsoleted
- Tweak – Updated the settings description for stock handling options. [ET-1603]
- Tweak – Added the
tribe-tickets__tickets-item--shared-capacitywrapper class for tickets having shared capacity. [ETP-841]
- Tweak – Added a dashboard notice for sites running PHP versions lower than 7.4 to alert them that the minimum version of PHP is changing to 7.4 in February 2023.
- Enhancement – Added search capabilities to the Tickets Commerce Orders report page. [ET-1259]
- Fix – Allow loading attendance page with
event_idparams that use The Events Calendar provisional IDs. [ET-1624]
- Language – 4 new strings added, 43 updated, 0 fuzzied, and 2 obsoleted
- Fix – Remove need for Platform Controls to verify webhook signatures in Stripe. [ET-1508]
- Fix – Fixed the order of tickets in an event changing when you haven’t manually requested it. [ET-1568]
- Fix – Fixed shared capacity tickets only showing the lowest capacity between the shared pool tickets. [ETP-815]
- Tweak – Removed locale param for Tickets Commerce JS SDK as per PayPal recommendation. [ET-1615]
- Language – 110 new strings added, 193 updated, 5 fuzzied, and 24 obsoleted
- Fix – Fixes multiple of the same ticket form being on the same page being out of sync. [GTRIA-729]
- Fix – Added a JS event that checks for attendee label validation if ET+ is active. [ETP-803]
- Fix – Orderby param not working for Attendee archive REST API. [ET-1591]
- Fix – Properly save the check-in details for attendees on check-in. [ETP-819]
- Fix – TicketsCommerce ticketed events not showing up for Events REST API. [ET-1567]
- Fix – Update version of Firebase/JWT in Common from 5.x to 6.3.0
- Enhancement – Added support for
- Enhancement – Add template tag to properly check if The Events Calendar is active. [ETP-820]
- Enhancement – Add
attendanceinformation to the
eventsREST API endpoint. [ET-1580]
- Enhancement – Add
check_inargument support for
attendeesREST API endpoint. [ET-1588]
- Language – 0 new strings added, 18 updated, 0 fuzzied, and 0 obsoleted
- Fix – Update version of Firebase/JWT in Common from 5.x to 6.3.0
- Fix – Listing tickets is no longer limited by the global settings. [ET-1584]
- Fix – Correct parameter type hinting when param can be null. [ET-1582]
- Fix – Showing Checkout not available and credit card fields at the same time for PayPal gateway in TicketsCommerce. [ETP-812]
- Language – 0 new strings added, 1 updated, 0 fuzzied, and 0 obsoleted
- Version – Event Tickets 5.5.0 is only compatible with The Events Calendar 6.0.0 and higher.
- Version – Event Tickets 5.5.0 is only compatible with Event Tickets Plus 5.6.0 and higher.
- Enhancement – Adds a compatibility layer to work with the new Recurrence Backend Engine in TEC/ECP.
- Language – 4 new strings added, 49 updated, 0 fuzzied, and 3 obsoleted