Defer Media is a plugin for speed up your website and defer not needed medias which out of the screen when page loaded.
Then, when you scroll down the page, it will load images/videos/iframes automatically or pre-load it even if it it not visible yet (can be adjusted with Appearance Offset parameters).
This plugin will apply the following actions:
– Defer images (standard [img] tag and also [picture] src sets)
– Defer background images (if style=”background-image” applied for some block)
– Defer Videos ([video], [source] tags)
– Defer Youtube embedded videos (iframe)
– Defer any Iframes ([iframe] tag)
You can see plugin demo on this page:
Defer Media demo
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen or upload the plugin files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Use the Settings->Plugin Name screen to configure the plugin (not needed from the start).
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Defer Media” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Defer Media” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added iframes deferring feature (video embedding via iframe or some another iframe types)
- Version 1.0