The Custom Sidebar Links widget enables a list of all pages, posts and custom post types, to be selected as links on the sidebar of any page on your site. This gives you full control on what links to be shown on the sidebar on a page-per-page basis.
- Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/custom-sidebar-links directory, or install the Custom Sidebar Links plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the Custom Sidebar Links through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Go to Appearance->Widgets. Drag the Custom Sidebar Links widget to your active sidebar.
Note: You can also use the shortcode [vimo_csbl] on the content area of any page if you wish to display it elsewhere other than the sidebar. If you need to use it in the template files, simply use the do_shortcode() function. Like this: echo do_shortcode( ‘[vimo_csbl]’ );
- It’s recomended to enable “default child pages” to automatically populate links for pages that have a parent/child relation.
- Go to
Pagesand click to edit a page you wish to customize and select a menu or check the boxes of all pages/posts/custom post types you would like.
- Does it support custom post types?
Currently the CSBL plugin can only be used on pages. However, you may add any pages, posts, or custom post types as links to any page.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Custom Sidebar Links” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Custom Sidebar Links” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.