Contact Form 7 is an excellent WordPress plugin, and the CF7 DTX Plugin makes it even more awesome by adding dynamic content capabilities.
While default values in Contact Form 7 are static. CF7 DTX lets you create pre-populated fields based on other values. Some examples might include:
- Auto-filling a URL
- Auto-filling a Post ID, title, or slug
- Pre-populating a Product Number
- Referencing other content on the site
- Populating with post info
- Populating with user info
- Populating with custom fields
- Any value you can write a shortcode for
There are many more case-specific examples, and since you can use any shortcode, you can add any text data to the form that can be generated on the server with PHP.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
This plugin provides a new tag type for the Contact Form 7 Plugin. It allows the dynamic generation of content for a text input box via any shortcode.
For example, it comes with several built-in shortcodes that will allow the Contact Form to be populated from any $_GET PHP variable or any info from the
get_bloginfo() function, among others.
Please visit the Contact Form 7 – Dynamic Text Extension Knowledgebase for full documentation.
Like the Dynamic Text Extension? Please consider supporting its development by Donating.
Visit the FAQs
Contributors & Developers
“Contact Form 7 Dynamic Text Extension” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Contact Form 7 Dynamic Text Extension” has been translated into 11 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Please update!
- Security: Fix Reflected XSS – more: https://sevenspark.com/docs/cf7-dtx-security-2019-07-24
- Update changelog properly for 2.0.2 changes:
- Update deprecated get_currentuserinfo() function to wp_get_current_user()
- Update deprecated functions from WPCF7_add_shortcode to WPCF7_add_formtag and class from WPCF7_Shortcode to WPCF7_FormTag to comply with CF7 4.6 changes
- Hook change to guarantee the plugin only runs when Contact Form 7 is present in the admin (avoids errors if Contact Form 7 is disabled, or if there is a plugin sequencing issue)
- Complete rewrite for Compatibility with Contact Form 7 v4
- Compatibility update for Contact Form 7 v3.9
- Updated to work with Contact Form 7 v3.7.x
- Removed undefined variable warning
- Updated for compatibility with Contact Form 7 v3.6
- Added Referrer shortcode
- Removed trailing whitespace to fix “Headers already sent” errors
- Added Current User Info shortcode
- Added Post Custom Field shortcode (with obfuscation support)
- Added Hidden Field capability
- Added $_POST shortcode
- Added current post/page variable shortcode
- Added current URL shortcode
- Fixed administrative control panel dependency issue
- Fixed dependency issue.