Allows you to create and quickly insert pre-defined responses in bbPress forum topics.
Once activated, a “Canned Replies” submenu will be added to the main Forums menu.
Create the pre-defined replies from this new menu. When responding to a forum topic, there will be a “Canned Replies” section added to the top of the “New Reply” form.
To insert a canned reply, click on the “Canned Replies” link then click “Insert” on the reply you wish to use.
If you have suggestions or bugfixes for the plugin, please report them on Github.
Canned Replies for bbPress as been translated into the following languages:
Would you like to help translate the plugin into more languages? Contact Pippin.
- Activate the plugin
- Go to Forums > Canned Replies
- Click “Add New” and enter the content of your canned reply and a title
- Canned replies will not be displayed in a list above the new reply form
Contributors & Developers
“bbPress – Canned Replies” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- New: added support for categories
- New: automatically close the canned replies list when a reply is inserted, thanks @cklosowski
- Fix: resolved a conflict with the bbPress Enable TinyMCE Visual Tab plugin.
- New: Added French language files, thanks to Matthieu Durocher.
- Fixed a bug that prevented canned replies from being inserted if the reply box had previously-entered content
- First beta release!