This plugin allows you to arrange any post types and terms with simple drag and drop within the builtin list table on administration screen. Save post order for each term.
- Support for any post types and taxonomies.
- Multiple selection is available.
- Capabilities aware. ‘edit_others_posts’ for post. ‘manage_terms’ for taxonomy.
- No additional column in builtin tables.
- No additional table in database.
- Save post order for each term.
- Woocommerce and Polylang compatibility.
- Upload ‘anything-order-by-terms’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
I don’t want some post types to be sortable.
Uncheck the “Order” option in “Show on screen” section on Screen Options tab to disable sorting.
I don’t want terms or post to be sortable.
Use filter. Place in you theme’s function.php file
Why is the post order wrong when using the `get_posts` function?
As you can see from source code function
suppress_filtersparam to WP_Query args. Therefore, filters specified by plugins don’t work. So if you need menu order or order within term add
'suppress_filters' => falseto your args.
How do I reset the order?
Select the “Reset Order” option in bulk actions select and click “Apply”.
How do I select multiple items?
Ctrl(or Command on OS X)+Click toggle selection state of current item. Shift+Click select items between first selected item on the list and current item.
Contributors & Developers
“Anything Order by Terms” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.4.0 – 2022-07-08
- Fixed – WordPress 6.0 compatibility.
1.3.10 – 2022-07-06
- Fixed bug with “Woocommerce + Polylang + WP All Import” package.
1.3.9 – 2022-04-22
- Fixed – WordPress 5.7 compatibility.
1.3.8 – 2021-11-11
- Fixed – Conflict with Wicked Folders plugin.
1.3.7 – 2020-11-04
- Changed – WordPress 5.6 and Woocommerce 4.9 compatibility.
1.3.6 – 2020-11-04
- Fixed – Wrong detect current term if Polylang is activated.
1.3.5 – 2020-07-21
- Changed – WordPress 5.4.2 and Woocommerce 4.3.0 compatibility.